Monday, June 2, 2014

The 2014 Haiti Team!

An introduction to this year's BGBS Haiti Mission Team!



My name is Cameron Lile and I am currently a senior at Western Kentucky University.  I am a psychology major and hope to go onto occupational therapy school.  This will be my third summer in Haiti and I feel that God has called me to work with the Miriam Center, which is a special needs orphanage at NWHCM.  Haiti has a very special place in my heart and I cannot wait to see all the kids again! 

Hey, my name is Chandler Dawson. I'm 18 and a senior at Blue Grass Baptist School. About a year ago, God laid on my heart a desire to go somewhere to tell others about Him. However, I didn't know where. An opportunity arose a few months later with NWHCM and I am now going on my first mission trip.

My name is Elizabeth Haney. I'm 16 years old and will be attending Blue Grass Baptist School as a junior next year. This will be my first mission trip and I could not be more excited! I really wanted to go on last years trip, but my parents wanted to wait until I was a little older. After talking to my friends that went last year, I felt it in my heart that I had to go on this years trip! I'm so excited to see what God has planned for me and my team in Haiti!

Hi My name is Hannah Shanahan and I will be a junior this coming year at Blue Grass Baptist School. This mission trip to Haiti, will be my first mission trip, as well as my first time out of the country. Before this opportunity arose, I never thought I would have the opportunity to go on a mission trip, and to be quite honest I didn't have the desire to go out of the country to spread Christ's love because other people did that and I didn't feel equipped. Back in January, when I became a Christian, that same day He laid it on my heart to go to Haiti... So here I am following God's will for my life.  I'm so excited and blessed to be able to be apart of this amazing journey and to spread the love of Christ to the Haitian people. I'm looking forward to not only what the team and I will do in Haiti, but also how it effects our lives forever.  I want the people of Haiti to experience the joy Christians experience in Christ Jesus, because it's an unspeakable joy that you can only receive by placing your heart in the Lord's hands.  Please pray for us as we are in Haiti, and God bless.
    "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit." Matthew 28:19

Hey everybody! My name is Mark Karenbauer, I am 16 years old and will be attending Bluegrass as a junior next year. I wet to Haiti last year and was in awe. I could not have thought of a better trip. Last trip was truly life changing. I am excited to see what God has in store for this trip. I will be going to continue relationships with the Haitians there and I cannot wait. I am going to spread the Word of our Savior. I am going to strengthen my relationship with God and to fully feel him all around me for 10 days. May God bless you all!

My name is Shannon Patton. I'm 16 years old and a rising senior. This is going to be my second year to Haiti, and I have been praying since I got back that I could go at least one more time. He has answered my prayers and given me this opportunity to go again. Last year I had no idea what to expect, but now I know what to expect. My main focus this year will be trying new things and getting out of my comfort zone, whether it is spending more time with the disabled children or speaking more about Christ. I'm so excited to be reunited with the friends that I have already made down there and to see how much they have grown. Also, I pray my friends that are going to Haiti this year for the first time are blessed with this life changing experience as much as I was, and to the friends that couldn't make it back this year would see God's will for them and may get to go back again next year. Thank you for taking time to read our blog, and please pray for us as we are in Haiti.

My name is Tore Karenbauer, and I am a senior at Georgetown College.  I am studying international business and public health, but my focus area is sustainable healthcare in third world countries.  Haiti, and the Haitian people are my passion, and I plan on going to Haiti full time after graduation to pursue this God given passion.  This will be my fifth trip to Haiti.  I have been on four short-term trips, and one three month internship.  Though I would love to be spending my entire summer in Haiti again, these past two summers God has called me to lead this team from Blue Grass.  I love watching the students be challenged, pushed out of the comfort zone, and fall in love with the country that has my heart.  I truly believe God has big plans for this trip. He has opened so many doors to make it happen, and I cannot wait to see what those plans are!

I am Zebadiah Claytor, I am nineteen years old and  I enjoy hanging out with friends. watching movies, and also playing basketball. I currently attend Bluegrass Community and Technical College, also work part time at Gordon Food Service. I am looking forward for this trip, because I have never been on a mission trip, and I want God to use me in His will so I can help other people and minister to them.  I am also excited to be visiting a third world country, so hopefully I will appreciate what I have here in America more.

No comments:

Post a Comment